10 Oct Social Media Manager (AKA Social Ninja)
LocalGiant develops, market and manages awesome solutions for local service oriented businesses across the country.. Our team of experts is known for its innovation, creativity, and most of all, its ability to deliver results.
About the Job
The Social Media Manager (SMM) manages social media presence and content strategy for our clients. The key responsibilities of this role are to engage with audiences, listen to market needs, elaborate on new content ideas, find influencers and help take our clients to the next level. The perfect candidate will be extremely passionate about the ever changing world of social media, technically savvy and thrives in high paced environments. The SMM is responsible for daily content posts, engagement with our audiences and analytics across social channels as well as lead acquisition via paid social ads.
- Maintain all brand accounts and strategy across all social media platforms (primarily Facebook and Google+)
- Directly interact and engage with fans and followers.
- Continually bring fresh and innovative ideas relating to social marketing
- Develop and manage promotions and contests via social channels.
- Monitor and report on audience behavior and trends.
- Identify and execute co-created content strategy
- Collaborate with team on influencer strategy
- Co-develop & execute influencer strategy
- Identify and escalate common hot-button issues, complaints or praise from a specified audience.
- Develop social media content calendar & strategy
- Provide feedback, observations and insight from the audiences to help improve our client’s online business
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 3+ years working experience in digital/social media and online acquisition.
- Strong to expert professional knowledge of social media platforms to include Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, Instagram and Reddit.
- Expert knowledge in paid social ads, using power editor and custom audiences.
- Experience in using social posting platforms and scheduling messages in accordance to marketing initiatives.
- Sense of different community behaviors and points of interests across those platforms.
- Experience using social media to acquire leads, amplify content and accompany business goals.
- Manage and develop company’s current social media engagement analysis.
- Provide analysis and recommendations on campaign and marketing initiatives.
- Monitor and evaluate social media results on a regular basis in coordination with goals and benchmarks.
- Keep pace with social media, internet marketing industry trends and social analysis trends.
- Ability to travel back in time (Just kidding, making sure you are paying attention that’s all)
- Passion for social media and internet marketing industries.
- Outstanding ability to think strategically and identify and resolve problems.
- Attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline driven atmosphere.
- Ability to clearly and effectively articulate thoughts and points.
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, project management and time management skills.
- Demonstrated managing projects independently from collecting requirements to delivering final output.
- Proficiency in Google Docs, MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Experience working with popular social media monitoring tools (posting platforms and analysis platforms).
- Knowledge of graphic design (Photoshop), HTML/CSS, WordPress, and website administrations a great plus.
- BS/BA degree preferred, MBA a great plus.
- Ability to be flexible, working well in both in-office as well as telecommute environments
If you think you have the skills and enthusiasm we need, please contact us by email and be sure to include CV, links to your portfolio and live projects you’ve worked on that demonstrate a good working knowledge, Please also include income expectations and any other personal links and projects you would like to share with us. As an added bonus, include your favorite joke (seriously, we do like to have fun as well as work hard). We are striving to create a fast paced, fun company culture and look forward to growing our team with other like-minded individuals